Questions to Ask Yourself While Filing a Roof Storm Damage Claim

storm damage repair

If your roof has been affected by a storm, it is time to think about using your insurance. However, before filing a claim, you should allow a reliable roofing Crystal Lake IL contractor to inspect your roof and assess the damage. The conclusion of this inspection represents a professional assessment that will help you make an accurate claim and receive proper compensation.
Here are a few questions that you should ask yourself while filling the insurance claim.
1. Did I attach all the pieces of evidence revealing the damage of my roof? (photos, videos, the assessment of the roofer who inspected the damage etc.)
2. Will my insurance rates increase now that I file a claim?
Rates do not increase for this reason, but they may increase if you live in a region affected by substantial storm damage.
3. Do I know all the local codes referring to replacing a roof? Will my insurance cover a new roof installation?
4. What else can I do to make sure that I receive proper compensation that will help me restore my home as it was before the storm?
5. How can I be sure that the adjuster will not miss anything?

Original Post here: Questions to Ask Yourself While Filing a Roof Storm Damage Claim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Avoiding Roof Scams during Storm Damage Season

The Most Common Commercial Roofing Systems – Which One Should You Choose?

Getting Your Roof Ready for Fall